So my back has been bothering me lately. I’m sure 15 hour days on my feet at work have not been helping any, so I have started to cut back my shifts so they aren’t as long. And walking. Pretty much every day. I think I’ll do a bit of wii Zumba today as well before I go to work. Last week at work I had a full shift where my back actually felt perfectly fine… and then my accountant called. My taxes are ready and it is not good news. I quickly pictured this commerical
and had a little giggle. I’m not sure what was worse, the back pain or the tax pain!
On to brighter subjects… this German Apple Pancake! I had another slice of it this morning cold for breakfast and it was delish that way as well! Although fresh, hot out of the oven was definitely a breakfast treat! Despite no sugar in the batter, it was definitely more than sweet enough! And pretty quick and easy to make. This recipe is a keeper!
German Apple Pancake (6 WW points)
adapated from Martha Stewart and Allrecipes.com
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour (I used
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 allspice
- 2 apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup confectioner’s sugar
- In a large bowl, blend eggs, melted butter, eggs, and vanilla. In another bowl, mix flour, baking powder, allspice and salt. Gradually mix in milk mixture until well combined.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (I used a cast iron pan, if using another type of pan, increase oven temperature to 400 degrees F).
- Heat 10 inch oven proof skillet on medium heat on stove top. Melt butter, brushing butter up on the sides of the pan. Add apples to pan, with lemon juice, brown sugar and cinnamon. Cook apples until just starting to soften and mixture bubbles. Gently pour the batter mixture over the apples.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes, when edges and top are starting to brown. Slide pancake onto serving platter, sprinkle with icing sugar and cut into 4 wedges. Serve and enjoy!